Build a coaching culture in your organization that improves the performance of your people
(1 day plus 4 coaching calls - offered in class or in our virtual classroom)
The Coaching Excellence™ Program– A comprehensive learning experience that teaches coaching skills to anyone responsible for coaching in your organization.
The most effective organizations are learning organizations – settings in which individuals and teams are able to adapt to continually changing environments, act decisively while in uncharted territory, are accountable and committed to results, and perform at their best when the stakes are highest. To meet these challenges an organization must create a culture that promotes and supports learning and coaching at all levels and in any direction.
The Coaching Excellence™ Program is comprehensive learning experience that teaches the Coach to build and confidently grow their coaching skills. The facilitator is both a Certified (and practicing) Executive Coach as well as a Certified Learning and Development Professional.
As a result of participation in this comprehensive program, they will:
- Better engage the coachee in their work and their role.
- Increase accountability and responsibility for results.
- Build the capability of the coachee to deliver improved results.
Workshop Learning Objectives:
- Learn how neuroscience supports the success of coaching as a powerful tool to create positive and enhanced behaviour.
- Define coaching for performance and distinguish ‘coaching’ from ‘managing’, ‘training’, ‘mentoring’, etc.
- Determine the factors that both contribute to and/or hinder performance and identify opportunities when it’s appropriate to coach and when it may not be.
- Describe the mindset necessary to coach successfully.
- Practice fundamental coaching skills through multiple small group activities and following the foundational workshop on the job
- Practice a coaching process that supports the development toward peak performance in others.
- Develop and plan to promote and implement a “culture of coaching” in their organizations.
- Share their experience, with continued coaching and support, during subsequent small group coaching calls.
Who Should Participate?
Anyone in the organization who as the responsibility for supporting others’ high performance.
The program uses an experiential learning approach combined with immediate on-the-job application to produce participant skill improvement and performance outcomes far beyond what is available from simply attending a workshop. Critical coaching skills are introduced throughout the program and immediately applied “on the job” using homework/reflection assignments between sessions. Instead of being unrelated to their “real work”, the assignments are designed to be practical and relevant, causing participants to dive in more deeply when coaching individuals, while increasing their own attention on the application of these new coaching skills. The overall design and program components create a “learning immersion” (vs. an event) over a 4 to 6 month period (depending on scheduling for the various pieces).
Workshops, Coaching Calls, Coach support:
|Foundational workshop||Coaching call #1||Coaching call #2||Coaching call #3||Completion coaching call|
Timeline: (approx. 4 to 6 weeks between each component)
Foundational workshop - One-day, in-person workshop:
- limited to 12 to 15 participants for maximum value
- *See workshop content details on page 3
Group coaching calls, # 1-3:
- 75 to 90 minutes by phone
- Smaller group
- Individual coaching practice and feedback from the group & facilitator
- Facilitated peer discussion of insights and learning between sessions.
Final group coaching call #4 – completion of the program
- Same as calls 1-3, plus
- Group Discussion: How will participants continue to develop their coaching skills beyond this program?
Between each coaching call participants are provided an assignment consisting of three components:
- A simple daily/weekly exercise designed to focus attention on one critical coaching skill between each workshop/call. Participants find these exercises fun while experiencing dramatic insights combined with effortless new results.
- Coach someone at least once per week. Following each coaching meeting, coaches are asked to use a coaching journal (provided) to reflect on their coaching strengths and opportunities.
Online Questionnaire and Final Report:
Participants complete a brief online pre-and post-training questionnaire where they are asked to declare & commit to what they wish to, and then do achieve as a result of the program. These declarations serve to reinforce their achievements and deepen their own commitment to skills they have developed and changes they have made.
A final report is provided to your organization, at the end of each program, which captures the transfer of learning to the workplace and highlights the impact of the training.
Foundational Workshop Content Outline
- Establish the definition of coaching for performance and distinguish coaching from other support roles such as: Managing, Teaching, Mentoring, Counseling, etc.
- Create awareness of, and establish, the mindset needed to successfully coach another individual to enable growth and gain commitment rather than merely compliance.
- Overview of the factors that both contribute to and/or hinder performance AND allow us to determine when it is, or is not, appropriate to coach. Utilize a tool to analyze these performance factors in relation to your team and/or colleagues.
- Key coaching skills are introduced and practiced in a variety of activities and demonstrations. These include powerful listening and questioning as well as providing acknowledgement and feedback to generate positivity and build confidence.
The Coaching process
- Apply the fundamental coaching skills within a coaching process using the GROW coaching model. This differentiates your coaching practice from simply a helpful conversation and gains commitment for action.
- GROW = (Topic) – Goal – Reality – Options – Wrap
Coaching Excellence (the program with Coaching calls) PDF format